The Business Category and Investment Category of visas is aimed at people who have demonstrated a successful business background with a genuine intent to invest in and/or own a business overseas. Partners and dependent children can be granted work and student visas' alongside the holder of the work visa and then be included in the residence visa.
The Entrepreneur Work Visa is for experienced business persons interested in being self-employed in their own business. It allows you to move to the country and buy or establish a business, which could be a new venture or buying an existing New Zealand business. After a period of six-months or two-years, residence can be applied for under the Entrepreneur Residence Category which also allows you to continue to operate your own business.
- 2 years’ category
- Successful establishment/purchase of a business in New Zealand and have been self-employed in that business for at least 2-years.
- 6-month category requirements
- Investment of at least NZ$500,000 in your business
- Creating a minimum of three new full-time jobs for NZ citizens/residents.
Migrant investment categories have been established to attract prospective investor immigrants with desired personal net worth and managerial experience who want to gain residence in New Zealand and make a significant contribution to its economy.
- Investor Visa (Investor 1 Category)
- Planning to invest a minimum of NZ$1.5 million over a four-year period.
- Investor Plus Visa (Investor 2 Category)
- Planning to invest NZ$10 Million or more over a three-year period.
A qualifying business is any business other than one that solely operates for the purpose of deriving interest or capital gains i.e. property investment. There are however, other factors to take into consideration when assessing ‘qualifying businesses’ and so, if you meet the minimum requirements and wish to know more, come and see us today.